Vegan Banana Coconut Muffins (recipe from Coco Loco Eco-Resort)
While on our Yoga and Surf Retreat at the Coco Loco Eco-Resort in Nicaragua, we got to enjoy some of the most delicious food! One morning for breakfast we were served the most incredible, moist, flavourful banana coconut muffins and I looked at the woman behind the counter with the most serious expression and told her: "I need that recipe." She saw the intensity in my face and went straight the kitchen to take a picture of the recipe.
So for the last week of our #SpringChallenge and also to bring back a little bit of our Nicaragua experience, I made them for both my Luna classes! I got several requests to share the recipe, so here it is!
Ingredients: (makes 28 muffins)
- 4 cups of flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tsps baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 2 cups of dried coconut
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt)
- Mash bananas and mix in brown sugar and coconut oil first. Once well blended, mix in coconut milk, vanilla extract and dried coconut.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until all the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 minutes. (Try 18 minutes first, and keep in for longer if needed... It depends on how hot/efficient your oven is!)
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
- Frances Vicente