When a friends Mom handed us a bag full of fresh zucchinis from her garden, my first thought was zucchini bread, however since our 3 year old son is in favour of muffins, I went with this recipe instead. They turned out moist, delicious with just the perfect amount of sweet.
Note: the best bananas for baking are the really ripe, mushy ones. Once you see them starting to turn brown, throw them in your freezer (they'll probably turn black), and defrost them when you're ready to start baking.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour (I suggest Kamut)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; grease a 12 cup muffin tin
- Mix the mashed banana, applesauce, sugar and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Add 1 cup flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt to zucchini mixture and combine.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup of flour and raisins.
- Scoop into muffin tins at 3/4 full
- Bake in oven for approximately 20-22 min, or until toothpick inserted comes clean.
- Cool and enjoy!
Recipe By Tara @ Suburble
Adapted from IsaChandra from the Post Punk Kitchen
from Blogger http://ift.tt/1zAmXKV via IFTTT