Prep Time 10 mins ~ Cook Time 30 mins ~ Total Time 40 mins
Peanut Butter Cauliflower Bowl with Roasted Carrots. Cauliflower tossed in peanut butter sauce and roasted, carrots tossed in hot sauce and roasted. Vegan Recipe, Gluten-free option.
Course: Main Course Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan Servings: 4 Calories: 306 kcal Ingredients
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter , use sunbutter to make it nutfree
- 1.5 tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce , use tamari to make gluten-free
- 2 tbsp maple or sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp hot sauce or sriracha or sambal oelek , to taste
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- generous pinches of salt and black pepper , and 1/4 tsp pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 to 3 tbsp flour , use rice flour for gluten-free
- 1 small or half a head medium cauliflower chopped into small florets
For the Carrots:
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce or sriracha
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of salt
- 4 or 5 carrots sliced
- Greens, lettuce, or kale
- crunchy veggies like peppers, cabbage
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Blend everything under peanut sauce. Taste and adjust flavor. Keep a quarter of the sauce for drizzling, transfer the rest to a large bowl. Add flour to the bowl to thicken the sauce so that it sticks to the veggies during baking.
Take cauliflower florets one at a time, dip in peanut sauce and place floret on the lined baking sheet. Tap to remove excess sauce before placing. Some sauce might be left in the bowl, use as dressing later.
Toss carrots with the ingredients under carrots and mix in. Spread on the sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 400 degrees F and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender
Prepare the bowls with lettuce or greens of choice. Add some bell pepper and apple or pear. Add the cauliflower and carrots, dress generously with the peanut butter sauce, some pepper flakes and scallions or basil. Serve with cooked grains like quinoa/rice, or spiced chickpeas for a hearty meal.
Variations: Add some pressed tofu, broccoli or tempeh to the sauce and bake with the cauliflower