From The Spruce Eats
Submitted by Bram Levinson
Here’s one of my favourite recipes that is clean and healthy, and is even better when the water the rice is boiled in is replaced by coconut milk or even coconut water!
What You'll Need
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced OR 1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms and 1/2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tsp canola oil or other high-heat oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or, use tamari or
- Nama Shoyu or another substitute to keep it gluten-free)
- 1 bok choy, chopped (or 2-3 baby bok choy if you prefer)
- 5-6 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
How to Make It
Sautee the garlic and mushooms in oil for 3 to 5 minutes then add in the soy sauce, the bok choy and scallions, and cook for a few more minutes.
Reduce heat to medium low and add vegetable broth and ginger. Simmer for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Finally, stir in the sesame oil and the optional sesame seeds and remove from heat.
Serve your bok choy and mushroom stir-fry hot over rice, quinoa, noodles (there should be a little bit of sauce) or just enjoy it as is as a simple vegetable side dish.
Or, add in some fried or baked tofu to add protein and make it a main dish.
Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)
Total Fat7 g
Saturated Fat1 g
Unsaturated Fat3 g
Dietary Fiber3 g
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)